› E-mail the photographer – in English, Spanish, Portuguese and German.
› this FAQ may help answering your work related questions.
› Click here for Patreon: where you have access to workshops, fine art prints and exclusive content.
When I was a child, I used to spend most of the time drawing – to play, to learn, to escape, and even as a way to interact with others. My grandfather taught my father how to draw, thus I inherited it. Because illustration was an activity I always enjoyed, I decided to study Fashion Design, only to find out later that such a world was definitely not for me. Luckily, all the disappointment and pressure I had while dropping University only served as inspiration for me to immerse myself in Photography.
I started working with an analog camera; a tool that remains untamed in my hands, which is the reason I still adore it. Regardless of how much I can control the camera, there are always elements of surprise interfering with my expectations. I allow a great deal of my work to feature interferences which happen freely, as if somehow I become aware that sometimes I must lose control during the process and give space to other forces (whatever they might be). But I am also a strong user of flash, digital and even mobile cameras – for me, all tools are valid.
My interests lie in Street and Documentary Photography, as well as more poetic approaches with no strings attached to reality; as long as there is some sort of provocation either in the theme or in the visual of those images, naturally. This is of course contrary to the kind of photography I do commercially, which mainly consist of cheesecake nudes of females. This is a field I am not particularly enthusiastic about, but has been supporting me financially for the past 11 years in which I’ve worked strictly with Photography, therefore giving me enough freedom to keep on pursuing my ideas and further explorations.
To see press material, please visit this page.
– Seeing Through Photographs, MoMa / New York – 2016
– Mentored by Bruce Gilden , Magnum Photos / Tokyo – 2015
– Masterclass with Bruce Gilden, Magnum Photos / Paris – 2014
– Mentored by Eli Reed, Magnum Photos / Paris – 2014
– Fashion Design, FASM / São Paulo – 2000/2003
– First place in the 2016 Leica/Huawei competition “It’s all about music”. See more here.
– It’s a Match! Ori Gallery, November 2016, Berlin
– These Walls, Edel Ag, November 2016, Hamburg
– “Sauvages”, 30 Contemporary Artists, EAF during Gallery Weekend, April/May 2017, Berlin.
– Vanitas, December 2016, at Loosen Art Gallery, Cagliari, Italy.
– Paraty em Foco – Agosto 2015, Brazil
– Nippon Photo Institute – March 2015, Japan
– Paris Photo Week at Magnum Photos Office – September 2014, France
– CCT-See City / Tuscany, Italy – 2017
– Artist in Residence UAP / São Paulo – 2014, 2015 and 2016
– TRIP Magazin – July 2017
– Leica Fotografie International – February 2017
– Vinyl Stories – November 2016
– PH Museum – October 2016
– Positive Magazine – September 2016
– Leica Fotografie International – August 2016
– ST.024 Photo – 2014
– Playboy – 2010
Berlin based, but often in London and, once per year (usually in February), rediscovering Brazil. There are workshops and basic photography tuition online. In this page , you can see articles and updates about my work.
GALLERIES + AGENCIES
– Millennium Images – London.
– Triângulo Galeria da Imagem – R das laranjeiras, 36 – Pelourinho, Salvador